Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ned slips into reality for a squiz

My brother asked me tonight if I want to see Howard Jones in concert.

I said, ok, if he plays before the 17th when I leave……

Cate Blanchett as Richard II scared me into submission today, that and the 42-degree heat.

I never liked Howard Jones when I was little, I preferred Depeche Mode, they saw Tony Hadley a few months ago on the RSL circuit, I saw The Drones that night.

Cate on stage, in the flesh, the heat, my Dad needs a prostrate biopsy– I was vulnerable.

I will climb back on my hill and tell you what I see soon - life jumped in there for a teensy bit.

There are 24 more sleeps till Ned goes to Cairo – I will compose more stories in the Adventures of Young Indy as I sleep.

(btw – Ned is going to Petra soon, Ned is beside herself with expectation & excitement – Ned rides as good as Marcus)


=====================

Ned adores Ned's brother, he hugged her tighter than he normally does tonight when he left. It scares her a little when he hugs her like that cause he has had weak moments in the past. Neds lot are Irish Catholic, they dont speak, just shout alot, final goodbyes sometimes are just a touch, that hard hug speaks more than words ever could.

=====================

I saw sadness in the shape of an old lady today, she couldnt stay the 90 minutes in her chair between acts, but her heels, as she snuck out to go to the bathroom during the play where clickity clackity clumping, so shes tumbled to the rail on the 5th step and took them off so she could sneak to pee as quietly as her 70+ year bladder could.

Some people make you smile.

=====================

6 comments:

  1. Did you see Gareth on Rockwiz last night? He was very good :) very cheeky.

    I think I remember reading a story, it might have been Japan?, the ladies flush continually whilst they are going so that you can't hear them peeing, so they installed recorded flushing in the public toilet to save water - I may have remembered wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howard Jones, no Nik Kershaw...

    He would like to get to know you well though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recorded it and watched Gareth when I came home, I was rather jolly. I will have to watch it again on Tuesday because I cant remember what he sang.

    Mr Mc, Nik Kershaw was my sisters thing, though I did learn The Riddle .....near a tree by a river theres a hole in the ground, where an old man of arron goes around and around....

    Doctor Doctor + Fanny Hill - does Spasmo know ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe that old lady is like me and drank WAY too much diet coke before she went to the play! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looked more like a tea lady me thinks, though who drinks anything before a 4 HOUR play???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tony Martins Get This program re-established my love of Kershaw. Wouldn't It Be Good is awesome. Howard Jones or Nik Kershaw, sorry can't remember which, I suspect HJ, tours and his Mum and Dad man his merchandise table. Nik Kershaw also got really shitty a few years ago and wouldn't play The Riddle...boo...

    ReplyDelete