Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Dont Know Where I'm Going

I came back to the town where I was young just over a year ago after a long long time away – 10 years.

I'm glad I came back now as the desire to come back was hanging over me as an unfinishedness drawing on me.

Coming back and being here for the last year has made me realise that here is not really the place I want to be. The reasons that drew me back are still here, but I dont know now if I will stay.

This time I know that when I do go I dont have to come back.

I’m always leaving things behind, places, people and futures.

I’ve been doing it for so long I don’t have relationships or histories that go back more than an a handful of year.

Maybe there is gypsy in my soul, maybe I just run away.

(I exclude my family from this as they come with me wherever I go, even though they never leave here).

Sam, I’ve been reading Miles McClagan this morning, he has made me melancholy.

1 comment:

  1. Yes - he does that sometimes.
    It'll all be light and funny and charming and then suddenly, he reaches in and twists your guts with a sentence.

    I've mostly been friends with people I work with, but then find the shared experience was the only thing we had in common and once I've changed jobs there was nothing left to talk about.

    ReplyDelete